Morrison County Transportation Resources
Faith in Action programs bring volunteers of different faiths together to care for their homebound neighbors who may be isolated and living with chronic health conditions or disabilities. The Faith in Action volunteers come from churches, synagogues, and other houses of worship, as well as from the community at large, and provide many forms of non-medical assistance, such as:
- Transportation to medical and other appointments
- Help with shopping, reading or bill-paying
- Minor home repairs
- Friendly visiting and telephone support
- Respite care for family caregivers
Little Falls city bus service available Monday through Friday 7:00 am through 4:45 pm.
Deviated Route and Dial-A-Ride service available Monday through Friday 7:00 am through 4:45 pm - provides service in Morrison County within a 10 miles radius of County Government Center as time and space permits.
- City: $1.25 per one way or one city token
- Rural: $3.00 per one way ($6.00 Round Trip) or rural tokens and $1.25 for each additional "in city" stop/boarding
Transportation for Veterans within a 50 mile radius of St. Cloud, MN. Must be able to get in and out of vans with minimal assistance. Spouses and aides may accompany veterans. Veteran must lack personal transportation and lack access to Metro Bus Service. Services available Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, not available on holidays. Must provide a 72 hour notice. There is no fee charged for these services.
320.252.1670 ext. 6676 Fred Anderson, Transportation Coordinator
Veteran's Affairs Medical Center - St. Cloud
Transportation provided for Veterans from St. Cloud VAMC to Minneapolis VAMC for scheduled appointments. Bus departs Monday through Friday at 8:00 am and returns at approximately 4:30 pm. No service is provided on weekends and holidays. 48 hours notice is required. Spouses and aides may accompany veteran if space is available. There is no fee charged for these services.
320.252.1670 ext. 6442
To schedule a ride, call (320) 632-0290 at least three days prior to your VAMC appointment. A family member or friend may accompany you on the Veterans Van if space is available. Providing transportation for Morrison County Veterans to VAMC in St. Cloud as well as VAMC in Minneapolis. There is no charge to ride the veterans van, but donations are gladly accepted. The Morrison County Veterans Van is not wheelchair accessible. Passengers must be able to get in and out of the van on their own.
Departure times vary according to the earliest scheduled appointment of the van riders that day. Our office staff will call you the day before your scheduled ride to inform you when the Veterans Van will leave.
Peoples Express Specialized Transportation is available for both local and long distance trips in Minnesota and surrounding states.
- Each passenger receives our special Peoples Express attention: registering appointments, handling paperwork and helping with hats and coats are just a few examples of what you can expect when you ride with us... we don't just drop our passengers off at the curb.
- Transportation to routine medical or dental appointments, therapy, or treatments can be arranged with one call to our toll-free number.
- A family member, friend or staff is always welcome at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
- Wheelchair, ambulatory and stretcher service available.
Volunteers available to assist with transportation to treatment at cancer centers and hospitals.
320.255.0220 - Central Minnesota Chapter - American Cancer Society
Care Van is Lakewood Health System’s state-approved, specialized transportation for non-emergency medical services. Our professional and timely drivers will help you get into and out of your home and medical destination.
Care Van provides transportation for:
- Medical, dental & eye appointments
- Stretcher service
Our drivers are courteous, friendly, helpful and prepared. They are all equipped with cell phones, so that they can easily be reached or place a call in case of an emergency.
Whatever your needs may be, we’re here to help with every last detail—even assistance with registration when you arrive at your appointment. In addition, caregivers are always welcome to ride along absolutely free of charge.
Office hours: Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.