Energy Assistance Newsletter.
The Energy Assistance Program ended on June 1, 2015.
State of Minnesota Department of Energy - http://www.energy.mn.gov/
The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps income eligible households living in Benton, Stearns, Sherburne and Morrison county with paying a portion of their home heating costs.
- Households who are at or below 50 percent of the state median income are eligible
- Size of grant is based on household size, income, fuel type and energy usage
- Federally funded through U.S. Department of Human Services
- Funds are available for renters or homeowners
- Provide direct payment to the energy supplier
- Educate consumers to use home heating energy efficiently and safely
- Advocate with energy suppliers and human service providers on behalf of consumers
- Crisis help for utility disconnections or necessary fuel deliveries
- Emergency heating system repair or replacement.
For Cold Weather rule information click here: cold weather rule
Reach Out for Warmth (ROFW) is a community based emergency fuel fund established to assist households over income for the Energy Assistance program.
The Energy Conservation Programs provide services to reduce residential energy consumption for income eligible households.