State of Minnesota Department of Energy - http://mn.gov/commerce
The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps income eligible households living in Benton, Stearns, Sherburne and Morrison county with paying a portion of their home heating costs.
- Households who are at or below 50 percent of the state median income are eligible
- Size of grant is based on household size, income, fuel type and energy usage
- Federally funded through U.S. Department of Human Services
- Funds are available for renters or homeowners
- Provide direct payment to the energy supplier
- Educate consumers to use home heating energy efficiently and safely
- Advocate with energy suppliers and human service providers on behalf of consumers
- Crisis help for utility disconnections or necessary fuel deliveries
- Emergency heating system repair or replacement.
For Cold Weather rule information click here: cold weather rule
The Energy Conservation Programs provide services to reduce residential energy consumption for income eligible households.