HOUSING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
We are currently out of funds for this program until October 1, 2014.
The Veterans housing assistance program does have funding at this time.
The Housing Assistance Program works with families, singles, or veterans who are homeless or are at imminent risk of homelessness, or living in shelters to stabilize their lives. By providing services such as budget counseling, assisting with damage deposits, first month's rent, or one month past due rent. Please call 320-251-1612 for more information or Click here for an application
You may submit the application by email, fax 320-255-9518, mail, or drop off at Tri-Cap, 1210 23rd Ave S, PO Box 683, Waite Park, MN 56387.
- Must have an eviction notice or be currently homeless
- Must have a signed lease or a lease ready to sign if approved for assistance
- Unable to access county Emergency Assistance funds
- Must have the ability to pay future rent and provide verification of income
- Rental amount cannot exceed 65% of monthly income
- Below 200% of federal poverty guidelines
- Current resident of Stearns, Benton, Sherburne, or Wright County-we cannot assist individuals looking to move from another county into the four counties listed
- Must not be in sanction status with the county
- If found eligible and approved, Tri-CAP can assist with one month of past due rent if facing evection, if currently homeless Tri-CAP can assist with damage deposit OR first month's rent
- If an individual meets criteria and is granted an appointment, funds are not guaranteed. Failure to show up for the scheduled appointment will result in a denial. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, you must call prior to the appointment to be granted a new appointment.
Verifications will be requested if you meet the program guidelines. A Housing Counselor will review your information and schedule an appointment if eligibility guidelines are met.
The counselor will assess your situation and explore ways to help you become more stable in your housing situation.
If approved, the applicant will agree to a minimum of 2 months of case management services and goal planning.