HOUSING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The Housing Assistance Program works with families, singles, or veterans who are homeless or are at imminent risk of homelessness, or living in shelters to stabilize their lives. By providing services such as budget counseling, assisting with damage deposits, first month's rent, or one month past due rent. Please call 320-251-1612 for more information or Click here for an application
*******We are currently out of funds*******
You may submit the application by email, fax 320-255-9518, mail, or drop off at Tri-Cap, 1210 23rd Ave S, PO Box 683, Waite Park, MN 56387.
- Read all program guidelines. If you do not meet the program guidelines, your applicaiton will be denied.
- Answer each question, failure to answer a question could result in denial of your application as we would not have all the information needed to determine eligibility.
- Must have an eviction notice or be currently homeless.
- Must have a signed lease or a lease ready to sign if approved for assistance.
- Unable to access county Emergency Assistance funds.
- Must have the ability to pay future rent and provide verification of income.
- Rental amount cannot exceed 65% of monthly income.
- Below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.
- Current resident of Stearns, Benton, Sherburne, or Wright County-we cannot assist individuals looking to move from another county into the four counties listed.
- If found eligible and approved, Tri-CAP can assist with up to one month of past due rent if facing evection. If currently homeless, Tri-CAP can assist with damage deposit OR first month's rent.
- The assistance provided must resolve your crisis (prevent eviction or homelessness). If you owe more than Tri-CAP can assist with, you will need to provide written documentation stating that you have a payment agreement with your landlord to pay the remaining amount.
- If an individual meets criteria and is granted an appointment, funds are not guaranteed. Failure to show up for the scheduled appointment will result in a denial. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, you must call prior to the appointment to be granted a new appointment.
Verifications will be requested if you meet the program guidelines. A Housing Counselor will review your information and schedule an appointment if eligibility guidelines are met.
The counselor will assess your situation and explore ways to help you become more stable in your housing situation.
If approved, the applicant will agree to a minimum of 2 months of case management services and goal planning.