FHPAP works with families or singles who are homeless or are at imminent risk of homelessness, or living in shelters to stabilize their lives. By providing services such as budget counseling, assisting with damage deposits or first month's rent, the FHPAP program’s primary emphasis is to prevent homelessness, re-house persons, and eliminate homelessness. These programs also assist youth and veterans, in addition to those who are seriously and persistently mentally ill with housing needs. Click here for  an application



  • Must live in Stearns, Sherburne, Benton or Wright County
  • Currently at imminent risk of losing housing, homeless, or in transitional housing
  • No MFIP sanctions
  • Provide proof of stable income for previous 3 months
  • Proof of income going forward to show ability to pay rent
  • Proof of payments made to landlord (a copy of the landlord's ledger)
  • Late/Eviction notice
  • Copy of current Lease signed by tenant and landlord
  • County denial for Emergency Assistance - if County out of funds, please check for available funding prior to applying with Tri-CAP
  • If homeless, proof of where staying and inability to continue staying there

When application and above requirements are met you will be contacted by phone or mail. 

The counselor will assess your situation and explore ways to help you become more stable in your housing situation. 

If approved, the applicant will agree to a minimum of 2 months of case management services and goal planning.